GNU Midnight Commander (also referred to as MC) is a user shell with text-mode full-screen interface. It can be run on the OS console, in xterm and other terminal emulators.
GNU Midnight Commander allows you to manage files while making most of you screen and giving you a clear representation of the filesystem, yet it’s simple enough to be run over a telnet or ssh session.
Universal binary built (without source code modification) and linked with following libraries:
- gettext v0.17
- glib v2.21.6
- pkg-config v0.23
Configured with options: –disable-dependency-tracking –disable-shared –with-screen=ncurses –with-vfs –enable-vfs-mcfs –with-edit –without-x –with-subshell –enable-charset –enable-extcharset –enable-background –enable-netcode
This release requires Mac OSX X 10.4 or newer, and tested on 10.5 Leopard PPC and 10.6 Snow Leopard INTEL.
Download installer package: mc-184.108.40.206-bin-osx-universal.zip
Midnight Commander 220.127.116.11
Please note that all the changes contained in this release will also make it into the next release of the “master” branch. The 4.7.0.x release series will only contain bug fixes and stabilization patches.
Please note that this is latest release for 4.7.0.* series. Next stable release will have 4.7.5.* code base.
- Capability to remove history items. WListbox widget was fully reimplemented
- All hardcoded FISH scripts are moved out from fish.c to external scripts:
- backport from master branch (see README.fish for more info)
- resuming of file downloads
- Hide panels before connect to the FISH server
- Added forgotten shortcuts from 4.6 branch
- Doc updates
- Translation updates
- Added new translations: Estonian, Indonesian
- Hang up after exit on FreeBSD
- Incorrect initial value of WCheck and WRadio widgets width
- Quick search is not correctly interrupted in some cases
- Panel contents isn’t scrolled down by mouse dragging
- Incorrect line jump when started as editor
- “Whole words” search bug
- ~ is not treated properly is editor’s “Save As” dialog
- 2GB file size limit in fish
- Broken IPv4 FTP connection scheme
- Lost transparency colors in mcedit [editnormal] background depends on [normal]