Music for development…
In Indian music Sa, Re, Ga and Ma are the first 4 notes of Saptak – an octave of seven notes. I guess I picked the nick SaReGaMa because I’m really fond of Indian classical music, which in my humble opinion is the most profound and sophisticated music in the world.
- 1. Samadhi is the highest state of mental concentration or absorption that a person can achieve while still bound to the body and which unites him with the highest reality.
- 2. One thousand and one nights. This track is included in Triplexity’s album Between Light and Shadow. Orienatal fusion. Clarinet by Hamelin Bérengnier. The Hang sounds are taken from the track Sudharma, album Organic Healing Sound by Pedro Collares.
- 3. Amani means peace in Kiswahili language. Guitar riff by Vieux Farka Touré obtained on CCMIXTER
- 4. Three 4 Ten. This track in 10 beats is a result of collaboration between 3 Jamendo artists: Nikila SaReGaMa and Hamelin Bérengnier. You can find its enhanced version in Triplexity’s album Between Light and Shadow.
- 5. Urban Lullaby. Metallophone solo.
- 6. Lotem is a Hebrew name for Rockrose. Persian Ney by S. Amir. Oud and Violin by Yair Dalal
- 7. Seven Eleven. Asymmetric rhythms in 7 and 11 beats with ethnic percussions, jews harp and bells.
- 8. Desert Sunset. Oriental Flute solo.
- 9. Ruins of Bethel. Oriental Flute solo. BETHEL means a house of worship, a sacred place. This word originates from Hebrew BEIT EL which literally means House of God.
Download album from Jamendo: SaReGaMa: Samadhi